Wednesday, May 21, 2008

VA or bust

Well, Jim and I have endured a week of packers and boxes, and watched all of our earthly possessions drive away to live in storage for the next 6 months.  Since then we've left our home of 3 years in Fort Campbell, KY (sniff, sniff) and are transitioning into our new time her in VA.  For the next few weeks we'll be traveling between VA, PA and MD trying to catch up with friends and family before Jim starts schooling at Fort Lee just south of Richmond.  We're excited, though the tears fell freely as I said goodbye to good friends - many of which got me through a year-long deployment.

Now that I'm not working full-time, I'll have more time to catch up on my many projects, and even attempt some other goals.... such as this blog.  Hopefully you'll be hearing more from me.  Just give me a couple of weeks to settle in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, personally we are THRILLED to have you guys closer and hope to take advantage of that as much as possible over the next several months. We can't wait to see you next week! I am also super psyched to have you blogging more frequently. Yippee Skippee!!

Megan said...

Happy moving day! I'm on the east coast, ya know? You can always visit here anytime!

Erin said...

Karen,
Can't wait to see more of you! HOpe all goes well.

Erin

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog today and had to add my 2 cents worth (you realize the my two cents worth is worth a lot more than 2 cents because I am your Mom.)
It is way exciting having you closer!!!