Thursday, July 10, 2008

workouts: treadmills

Yesterday was a big day for me since I ran an entire 42 minutes on a treadmill and didn't fall off.  That's right, no blood this time.  It was a big day.

Usually I run outside since I much prefer the scenery of a park or neighborhood.  But today was rainy.  When I do run outdoors I like to know where to run and how far it'll be.  So I thought I'd share a favorite website: www.mapmyrun.com.  Not only can you plot out a map and keep track of mileage, but you can also figure out your calories burned.  So I don't feel so bad about that handful of M&Ms I wash down just afterwards.  It's great and I suggest you check it out if you've ever NOT run, because you didn't know when to stop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not a runner but I have taken up walking briskly. Living out in the country with rough, sloped roads caused alot of knee problems for me. Now I walk to Leslie Sansone's walking workouts in my living room. The weather never affects me - and - my knees appreciate the flat surface :-)