Thursday, December 18, 2008

christmas at our "home"

My dear friend Megan is hosting a merry-go-round of sorts where everyone shares their festively decorated homes. We, however, don't really have a home right now, as we're house-sitting. And therefore we don't have any decorations. And therefore I can't really join in their reindear games.

In fact, the only reason I'm posting at all is to dissuade any of you from thinking that yesterday's picture of us in front of a tree is actually in front of our tree. That lovely piece of Christmas belongs to our dear friends the Ebels who were gracious enough to let us borrow it for a quick snapshot.

So no decorations this year for us. Jim does have a clever idea for stockings, but you'll have to wait until the 25th. Besides, I haven't bought the masking tape yet.

Curious?

7 comments:

Happy said...

I really hope that your first Christmas in Texas is a happy one with new friends and special memories made.

Let your new friends and new surroundings be your decor for this year!

It makes me a little sad, though, that you can't participate in the carnival....perhaps you could post pictures of what you would make your home look like if the sky was the limit! Post about a favorite tradition from past Christmas's...post pictures of Christmas's at different bases....

Uhm, dress Roxy up in reindeer antlers and a Santa outfit and post that!

Regardless, I'll be thinking of you this year as I'm sure it can be difficult to have moved so far away right before the holidays...based on the comments I see here all the time, though, I know you and Jim are in the hearts, minds, and prayers of many!

Merry Christmas Stella!

Muthering Heights said...

I guess that could be nice though...no work and no stress! It's nice that you were able to enjoy someone else's though!

Sarah said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post! I get so excited when new people contact me...oh I have no life:-)

I've read your blog a while ago when I was going thru megan's friends and I saw that you were in Europe? Germany? I loved the pics and the whole pretzel thing! It as hysterical!
merry christmas!
sarah

Crafty P said...

Oh Happy Christmas, Stella g!

love that little Charlie Brown tree you've posted.

Anonymous said...

It makes me so sad that we won't see you guys this Christmas...even though we haven't always spent actual Christmas morning together (though many times we have) not having you here at all, just won't be the same.

Remember last Christmas Eve when Jim taught our little man how to search and destroy bad guys? Ah, classic Christmas... or the time I made EVERY ONE watch Charlie Brown's Christmas? I have pictures of Jim and Grandma sleeping on the couch!

Good time I tell ya, good times!

Unknown said...

Just remember - Christmas is in the heart!! And we all have you there this Christmas and always.
Merry Christmas!!!!

Megan said...

Merry Christmas Karen! I can't wait to see Jim's idea for stockings. I'm sure it will be interesting!