Thursday, May 14, 2009

more quilt creativity...

So, on my trip to the East Coast I got to deliver some quilted-goodness to my SIL and her soon-to-be son. (No, not that SIL. I don't want to start any rumors.) Jim's sister is due 3 weeks after me so she's up to her eyeballs in nursery/bedroom colors and themes, too. And, in the spirit of quilting and gift-giving, I got creative and this is what popped out:
It's small, maybe 2.5 x 3 feet. But, this might must be my favorite quilt ever. It's got greens, blues and oranges thrown all about. It has that very scrappy but clean look that I love so much. Nothing fancy, just lots of pretty fabric. And for those that care, I did hand-stitch the top, but recently discovered my machine can free-motion quilt which enables me to potentially do all that fancy stuff you see on most other people's quilts. I say potentially because it scares me to death and will take some time to master. So in the meantime, I'll get out my needle and thread just like the Amish.
And since you've been asking, I have not decided on our nursery yet, but must soon. No worries, it's been agreed that there will be a presence of monkeys. Plural.

5 comments:

Crafty P said...

gorgeous. love those fabrics. you have such a great eye!

I would love those hanging on my wall, maybe like this
http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2009/04/things-i-love.html

I've already got one great big quilting hoop saved for such a project!

mrsbuckett said...

Impressive! I too love those fabrics! Maybe you've spurred me on to getting it together for my next project...

Angela said...

Karen, I am so in awe that you just "pop" out quilts!?! They are always so pretty, next time we get together you will have to give me a quilting tutorial. I would love to try it.

Vileation Nation said...

http://www.dailycandy.com/kids/everywhere/article/42841/Nursery+School

Thought of you immediately!!! Oh you MUST be a subscriber to Daily Candy Kids.

You really must.

I love that there will be a presence of monkeys (plural) in the Grubelet's nursery. Just love it.

Katy Dalton said...

when i have a baby...i want one!